Monday, October 30, 2006

DHAMAKEDAAR DIWALI........


HI ALL.............THIS IS HOW MY DIWALI WAS........


This diwali was decided to be celebrated at my native…and so from dharwad me n my bro left for dodnalli(dodnalli is the name of my place….@ sirsi….a small village with lots of loving hearts…..and it doesn’t mean its name…..it’s not at all doddda(= big)…..donno who named it so!!!!)

On the morning of diwali (Sunday the 22nd) we 3…aha don’t worry…. no witch or geists there…its me, my bro and my wife!!!!!aaaaaaahhhhhhhh my wife is my pulsar….cool….sexy….though she’s jet black in colour…….oh….where was i….? Ok…. we 3 left for dodnalli at 6am!!!! A time which I hardly happen to see…. sun was still in a slumber party and the cool breeze was refrigerating me…and without sweaters or wind cheaters, the wind will cheat u…!!!! for about 10 kms the road was ok, the atmosphere was chill and clear. But later on the Indian roads started cursing me…my wife literally started to screw me up….she threw me up every 2nd minute and me and my bro adjusted ourselves on her!!!! But finally a ray of hope……..i saw NH63 nearing and my wife gained power and vrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

………….60kmph……..80kmph…….100kmph and finally 110 kmph…oh….i felt like valentine rossi for a while!!!…..we were too fast too furious………..but then there was another interrupt………as we entered the “malenaadu” area….dense dew reduced our speed.. I could hardly see anything even with the headlights!!!!3 mtrs was the range of my sight…..it was a DEWali for us!!!!! But finally after a journey of 4 hours(it’s only 130 kms from dharwad) we reached dodnalli……

Oh…my home….all decorated with colourful rangolis and doors with mango leaves…..we felt a feel of festival……there in sirsi and nearby places diwali is all about worshipping cows(“gopooja”) and of course the weapons and machines. So my wife was cleaned and she was all ready for her day!!!

After a long gap I saw crackers and enjoyed rockets and sur-sur bathis…..and also some blasters…….all lights……all bright…….all pooja and sweets…..new dresses….decoration…..fun……enjoyment……!!!!!!!!!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh why is everyday not diwali?????

The whole family of ours was there….all of them singing dancing and shouting…..
No vehicles….no pollution…no cell phones……no calls…..no books….100% pure enjoyment…..
But….but…but…wait…….

Another 48 hours and i would be a rocket!!!!!!!! Guess why…? ?????? my ass would be on fire…….’coz Thursday college starts and internals!!!!!!!! Omg……but who cares…..
Diwali is diwali…….no exam…no war can steal the fun of diwali from me…….
But sure to flunk(less than 9) in internals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And finally on the last day of diwali there in sirsi we send BALI maharaja (one who was buried by vaamana..) and shout “DUPPADA DUPPADA DIWAALYO….NAALE BARUVADU HAALABBA”(only BALI knows what it means!!!!..............

So Mr.BALI I’m waiting for your next year visit……………oh my gosh……..my internals!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta study…….
Bye all
-Harsha.Bhat

0 people mind to share what they feel: