Tuesday, June 03, 2008

4 YEARS..8 SEMS...COUNTLESS MEMORIES....ENDLESS EMOTIONS.....


COLLEGE BAKERY Thanks a ton ujji for the sketch


Hi all….


This blog is purely dedicated to sdmcet, my alma-mater, my college, my second home…..
Aahhh… I still remember the first day… the very span of 4 yrs was irritating…I was like “WTF….four years here???? Impossible….i’ll look forth for my destination….
My destination outta this college…my engineering degree…my temporary destination……”
When I listened to the song “hum joh chalne lage” song from jab we met I always thought and laughed at the poet’s stupidity when he said “manzil se behetar lagne lage ye raaste”….my question was, how can the happiness we get when we are moving towards our manzil be better than the happiness when we reach the destination????
Aaahhhhh….now I feel the feel of the poet….i feel that he’s right.
I feel the same feeling when I’m leavin my college..i still remember the day I said “4 YRS!!!! F***”…..I waited all these 7 semesters for 8th semester to come and get my a** outta this college. But ….but when I’m in 8th semester now…8th sem is about to get over… I’m about to reach my destination…the destination I’ve been waiting for these 3 long yrs….I feel sad…I miss each and every moment I lived in this college…
From the very first day when I had nothing but a few unknown naughty faces with me to the soulmates I got at the end of 4th yr I cherish every minute of it…ah…this journey is amazing….i will miss my college days.
I miss each and everybody who made it so special to me….The scoldings we got from Basti sir in maths class…he asked me, abhishek.M(mand abbya) and cecil to stand up…and yelled at us with full fury “BOTH OF U 3 GET OUT OF MY CLASS”…and we started rolling on the floor and was disgusting for the prof.!!!.....Basic electrical class was engaged by B.S.Shreesailan sir…his typical tamilian accent itself was funny..and above that the gems of our class …KARNA.HEGDE, ABHIJIT.UNKAL, GURU.KAMAT and JAFER.TADKOD troubled him to the core…and trust me they troubled him in every possible way..we even shouted revolutionary slogans (inquilab zindabad and vande mataram) in his class!!!!
Then came the branch entry….we were welcomed with a warm fresher’s party by our lovely seniors…tx to them….
In branch started our happy time…the real happy time…
I don’t think nagasundara sir’s classes have to be explained here….and how can I forget sridar sir!!! We had penultimate fun in his classes….hahaha….Navin shet was the man behind it…I miss him a lot…The time we spent in bakery after bunking the classes…the time we engaged in labs and projects…the time we spent in cultural stuff…and the sports room craze in 7th sem…SAMPA’s GAPline….ujji’s sketches….kodi’s 6 pack, chote’s PEPUSI…keerti’s heavy hand…sanjeev’s bidar accent…burchandi’s doubts…and the list goes on….i miss everything….
Aaahhhh…not one but many such soothing experiences which is bliss of solitude from now….which will stay with us forever…
Now I’m sitting on my study table with CNS book open….but not in a mood to study…and thinking of all the smile and tears we shared in 4 yrs….and I find my eyes wet….and I sing the song “……..haa manzil se behetar lagne lage ye raaste”

-Harsha.Bhat

2 people mind to share what they feel:

Sanjeev said...

you really made me cry sweetheart.... i would hav sent tears if i could...
it's been a wonderful journey 4 years with u people....
i just wanted to get the hell out of here as soon as i could but when the time has really come i dont want to go. Am i going crazy or is it bcoz i dont want to miss u?...its strange
i wish we all had got placed in the same company, i wish engg was one more year, i wish we meet again
in life, i wish we again hav blast.... i used to think my high school days were the best.... u people proved me wrong... u
made my engg life so special. these memories will be haunting me forever...i would never be able to forget u people..who would like to forget after all..? i thank everyone who made it special... if i had hurt anyone knowingly or unknowingly i beg ur pardon.. i never inteded to do it... thx for sending the link bhatta . i loved ur comapny... will miss u people....
with love
sanjeev

Anonymous said...

hmmm feeling sorry to leave this college . never will i get the lafda of our college bakery. the fast food stuff. occupying the chairs of fast food even though we don order anything. the ten to ten thirty breaks where everybody would run to coffee shop to wake up from the sleepy classes or get ready for a drilling class. the chocolates we used to eat in class and even share at times . the way people used to tolerate my head eating drills. everything i am gonna miss.the farewell party was also too good,the fun week stuff this time atleast followed all days perfectly. the sanjeevini park outing with girls was also fun,yana trip unforgettable,the small naps at class,sitting in first bench and not listening a word .etc etc these all are just a glimpse but if i gotta think again my heart starts aching as these days will never comeback again. the fun,frolic,fights,misunderstandings,the active participation in events,the exam time discussions, internal assessment tensions etc etc. many memories.